I have been told, do a blog.
I will try.
Try to post as often as I am able to and answer your comments

Monday, March 11, 2013

Gaëtane, Child Portrait Marquetry

Gaëtane


In the pursuit of mastering the fusion technique I did this portrait of my niece Gaëtane.
A mix of fusion and piece by piece, cut in 4.
I started from a picture


Chose the woods
And started from the center out. I did not care much about accuracy on that project, I chose to use a temperamental fast cutting to express the energy in the child.


I used a new idea of preparing pre-fusioned pack, piece of veneer in to layers already scrape and sanded through almost to the intended final result. i used those for the hair

Then I added backgrounds and dress. i had 2 bubinga and 2 dyed black maple backgrounds



Then i added some more fusion with curly yellow wood for the hair, a new piece by piece layer of red and purple veneer for the dress and couple touch up on the face.



Final result















No comments:

Post a Comment