I have been told, do a blog.
I will try.
Try to post as often as I am able to and answer your comments

Monday, March 11, 2013

Experimenting : The Fusion Technique







Last 2008 picture.


I was fascinated by the piercing technique developped by Vriz in France during the 80’s.
The only thing I did not like was the nam, piercing. Piercing is a mistake and I did not like to use that term as the piercing was intended. With Patrick Edwards we finaly settle on the Fusion marquetry term, as it is self explainatory, you fuse to wood together to obtain a new mix, texture, feeling.
My intention was experimenting, get a feeling for the method, but mainly to manage to add shading to this technique, as I never seen fusion marquetry with any on it.
In experimenting : the Fusion Technique, I staged my “discovery”/experience of that newer technique and manage to get that shading that I was looking for.

Here is a variation



Got a 4th place at the Design in Wood Show

No comments:

Post a Comment